Monday, October 15, 2012

First Mini- Spree Review!



Hey Guys!
I'm barely getting to my first haul/ review, and I truly am sorry for the delay although I only have one follower so far, haha. Anywayssss, these are just some purchases that I made today. I am not biased when it comes to high-end vs. low-end, I have found some great drugstore products before. These are just personal opinions! Since this is my first post, it'll consist of cheapies. Lots of love xoxo 

P.S Sorry for the crappy camera quality for the lip photos, my new phone should be in soon, this was supposed to be posted yesterday but my laptop died.



 Purchased Items: 
1- Creme #99 Eyelashes (No Review- great lash)
2- C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve
3- C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine
4/5- NYX eyeliner pencils in 940 Black Shimmer and 901 Black
6/7- NYX lip liner pencils in 813 Plush Red and 836 Bloom
8/9/10- NYX Gloss in 06 Mauve , 13 Peach , and 19 Apricot
11- NYX Killer Lips! Brush-On Lipgloss in 120 Burgundy
11- E.L.F Eyeshadow Pigment in Tropical Teal





1. C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve- I have tried this previous to yesterday's purchase, and let me tell ya; this is amazing! Not only does it hydrate and soften the lips- but it can be used for all around body purpose (elbows, cuticles, knees, face- although i do not see myself putting this on my face). It does not give a sticky or thick feeling when wiping off, and has an amazing rosey scent- some may find that sickening but personally i love it and recommend it! It has a clear finish.

2.C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine- I am NOT a lipgloss person (which is weird when this whole post is about cheapie glosses) but anywhooo, this stuff really feels good on the lips, it's one of those that when you breathe a coldness is felt and it moisturizes. The scent may seem a little too strong and overbearing- the package states " Mint-infused for fresh breath" which explains, but I personally love everything about this; the smell, the taste, the feel is all quite enjoyable. I like the consistency because it gives a nice shine without the stickiness. The removal is smooth and does not leave a horrible feeling (greasy/oily/sticky). Love Love Love! The packaging could have had a better contrast, however. It has a clear finish.



 NYX EYE PENCILS
 3. 940 Black Shimmer- Boy, oh boy, I think i'm going to love you. This is a VERY deep black with a few specks of sparkle (at first). Once I wiped the swatch off of my hand- all of the glitter miraculously showed up! Have not actually used yet- but definitely see this good for the lower eyeliner.

4. 901 Black- Well, I swatched this right after Black shimmer- and quite frankly I was a little disappointed just because the Black shimmer was so pigmented! I have had better eyeliners, so I just handed this one to my
grandma. It's not bad, just not the best!

NYX LIP PENCILS
5. 813 Plush Red- This is a nice red, I would not call it bright, but just a fair red with orangey tint in it. The NYX pencils are not as creamy as usuals I have- but I find that okay personally because it's harder to mess up while lining your lips! It lasts a good amount of time and I believe it to be a very pretty colour- I may try it with MAC's So Chaud Lipstick?? Hmm...

6. 836 Bloom- WOOOOWW, this is a gorgeous fuchsia! A hot, deep pink with just the right amount of purple under-tone.I would assume it would look pretty with MAC's Girl About Town. The cool thing about these is that if a matte finish is wanting to be achieved- you could just use the pencil on the whole lip! It was a nice staying power- and does not dry out TOO badly, but beware!


Here's a swatch of the above four NYX products listed, in order:
Black Shimmer Eye Pencil, Black Eye Pencil, Plus Red Lip Pencil, and Bloom Lip Pencil.


NYX GLOSS 
7. NYX 06 Mauve Lipgloss- This definitely was my favorite of the three, simply because it was the most opaque and gave the best colour pay off. I would describe it as a pinky mauve- with some purple given allowing it to be somewhat diverse. The colour is gorgeous- but the application is a struggle being streaky and easily to clump- different formula, same colour= perfection. No shimmer.


8. NYX 13 Peach Lipgloss- This is not opaque, and in fact very sheer. I have somewhat pigmented lips myself, so this really did nothing for my lips, I tried it with a concealed lip and the colour is more defined, but still not strong. It was definitely more of a pink than a peach. Contains shimmer.

9. NYX 19 Apricot Lipgloss- Very sheer as well, in my case. With a concealed lip, goes on a lot better! Actually really liked the shade, I wish my whole lip looked like the colour first dabbed on though however :( There was no shimmer, which is something i love about this one, wish it was a little more opaque. 


Overall:
Mauve and Apricot are very lovely shades, Peach not so much. I do not recommend these, the colour pay-off is not impressive and there is very little product inside the tube. The feel left after removing these glosses is disgusting and greasy/oily. If NYX tweaked their formula a bit and increased the opacity, I would be happy to repurchase! But as of now, I will not. $2.99 each isn't so bad- maybe a beginner would enjoy messing with these!
Top Left- Regular Lip Top Right- Mauve Bottom Left- Peach Bottom Right- Apricot




\




NYX Killer Lips! Brush- On Lipgloss
10. 120 Burgundy Lipgloss- Shimmer! Ahhh, nooo! But anywho, very lovely shade; kind of a dark vampy red meets raspberry with tiny pink shimmer. It is not completely opaque, but offers too much coverage to be considered sheer.Beautifully pigmented. I actually liked the colour, but it had the same finishing feel as the other lipglosses :/ It also has a scent that smells too much like the dentist! Yuck! I may use this one again over a lipstick if I feel I need to go for a glossy feel. Most likely it'll collect dust though because I am Mrs. Matte, haha!                  


E.L.F Pigment Eyeshadow
11. Tropical Teal Eyeshadow-
I know what you're saying..ahhh! what happened to the hole'd top that goes over the pigment? I had to remove it! It wouldn't allow the pigment to come out. The only problem with this, that little covering and the container- it just makes it so messy. Pigment is always messy though :( Anyways, this is a gorgeous teal colour which unfortunately has shimmer in it, and a satin finish. This is easy to build up- and goes on smoothly. Beware of fall-out! it could ruin your whole face if you do not block below the eye properly! I am not too big on E.L.F but this is nice, do not judge the pigment by the shadow you get out through the little holes, I wasn't too happy until I got that little sucker off!





Welp...
That's it for this post, i hope you guys thought it was decent- please send me any kind of feed back :) I could be found on twitter/instagram @flowerbeezy 
tumblr: theflowerthatwiltspink.tumblr.com
until next post!



3 comments:

  1. I followed you girlfriend! :) Love the haul you got and I admire the reviews you made!! Good job! Cant wait for more!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I will follow you now :) mch love<3

      Delete
  2. hreat products *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete